Subject: Re: cygwin under vmware freezes
From: Donovan Baarda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:38:14 +1000
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:56:00 +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:

> G'day cygwin'ers,
> 
> I realise this is probably a vmware problem, but does anyone else have
> problems running cygwin in a win98 guest under vmware on a linux host?
> 
> I have the cygwin console stuttering then totaly freezing win98 within a
> minute.

For the record, after filing an incident report with VMware they
identified the problem as caused by the VMware mouse driver. Installing a
standard mouse driver fixed the problem.

This was with VMware v3.1.1-1491 and cygwin 3.1.0. I suspect the next
version of VMware will have the problem fixed.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ABO: finger [email-masked] for more info, including pgp key
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/