Subject: Re: Bug in setup.exe 2.194.2.24
From: "Ilya Goldin" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:39:33 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

"Christopher Faylor" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:28:19AM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >I think to generalize, the current Setup.exe offers to download based on
> >which packages are currently installed, not on which packages are present
> >in the local download area(s).
>
> I hate to say it but that sounds like a bug to me.  I can't remember if
> this is new behavior, though.  Is it?

That doesn't sound like new behavior (although I'm not certain). I don't
think that's a bug, though -- that sounds like useful functionality. The
problem isn't that setup bases its decision of what to download on what's
installed, it's that it doesn't ALSO base its decision on what's already
downloaded.

-jt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/