Subject: Re: setup.exe does not always install cygwin1.dll?
From: "Jeroen W. Pluimers \(All I'M\)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:48:50 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

"Christopher Faylor" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...

> >Adding the --retr-symlinks option to wget helps though.

> You realize that you're attempting to do things the hard way, right?  If
> you use setup everything should just work.  Bypassing setup is really not
> something that we want to spend too much time discussing here.

I understand. Maybe I should have explained what I was up to:
The 'big' goal  is to have cygwin with OpenSSH running on some low-bandwidth
W2K systems for remote maintenance.
To do that, I wanted to make a setup CD-ROM to run cygwin on some machines
that don't have a high speed internet connection.
Then on those low-bandwidth machines, run wanted to run setup.exe from
CD-ROM and install from that local directory tree.
Since I use wget for almost all the other site mirroring stuff, I thought
that would be a good path to follow.
Starting setup.exe having that make a download seems to work much better
however.

--jeroen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/