Subject: setup.exe does not always install cygwin1.dll?
From: "Jeroen W. Pluimers \(All I'M\)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:55:30 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Environment:
W2K SP2 with the following drive allocation:
C: W2K boot manager
E: system drive
I: Internet mirror drive

What I did is the following on the I: drive

wget -m -np ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/md5.sum
wget -m -np
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe
wget -m -np
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.ini
wget -m -np ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/latest/
wget -m -np ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/contrib/
wget -m -np ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/

Then on the command-line, I did a CD to
I:\mirrors.rcn.net\mirrors\sources.redhat.com\cygwin and ran setup.exe from
that directory.
In setup, I chose an install from a local drive, and maintained the
'default' options.

Setup then installs into E:\cygwin, but does not install cygwin1.dll into
E:\cygwin\bin
Because it doesn't, some of the 'final' tasks of the setup cannot be
completed.

Since setup.exe does not warn that it cannot install cygwin1.dll, I wonder
what goes wrong?

Am I doing something wrong? If yes: what?
Is the setup doing something wrong? If yes: how can I assist into getting it
fixed?

--jeroen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/