Subject: Re: Wish8.3 from gdb-20020411-1 again (status update)
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Ton van Overbeek <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:59:39 -0400

If you have questions about the tcl parts of gdb, send them to the
[email-masked] mailing list.

cgf

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 04:20:56PM +0200, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
>A few days ago I reported about problems with wish8.3 in gdb-20020409-1.
>I got a patch from Keith Seitz which made it not crash.
>In fact when running from a Cygwin bash shell in a DOS window it works fine.
>
>I only realised yesterday that the gdb test version has been updated from
>gdb-20020409-1 to gdb-20020411-1 on the cygwin mirror sites. It seems that
>gdb-20020411-1 has Keith's patches applied to it, although these are not
>reflected (yet?) in the CVS repository on sources.redhat.com.
>
>When rebuilding from the gdb-20020411-1-src.tar.bz2 file I noticed a few 
>things:
>
>- In tcl/win configure is trying to build a file called tcl.hpj, but does not
>  succeed because tcl.hpj.in does not exist in tcl/win. tcl.hpj is needed
>  for building a windows helpfile and tcl.hpj.in is in tcl/tools not tcl/win.
>  I guess for cygwin tcl.hpj can be removed from AC_OUTPUT in tcl/win/configure.in.
>
>- When installing the libraries in tcl it wants to install http2.3 which does
>  not exist. Only http2.0 is there. With the tcl 8.3.2 import this was missed
>  somehow. I do not know enough about tcl library packages to know if you
>  need all versions installed (http2.0, http2.1, http 2.2, etc.).
>
>- Under tcl/cygwin a libtcl_cygwin.a is build, but nothing is done with it.
>  What is its purpose ?
>
>Part of my original problems with wish8.3 originated from running wish83 in a rxvt
>bash shell. Somehow the detection of existing standard windows handels gets
>messed up under rxvt with the result that no console window pops up, but only the
>tk root window. After typing 'console show' in the rxvt window the Tk-console
>window appears. Now stdin is connected to the Tk-console window and
>stdout and stderr to the rxvt window: you type a command in the Tk-console
>window, the response (or errormessage) and the next prompt appear in the
>rxvt window.
>
>I can force the Tk-consolewindow to always appear by patching TkMain.c
>(force tdsPtr->tty to 1) and TkConsole.c (force ShoulUseConsoleChaneel()
>to return 1) under cygwin, but I do not know if that is the right thing to do.
>
>One other funny thing I noticed. When I run autoconf myself I do not get
>the 'cyg' prefix on the dll's and libraries but 'rh'. For cygwin I believe
>the prefix should remain 'cyg'. Guess that is an autotool problem.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/