Subject: Re: GNU/Windows
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:26:05 -0400

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:22:19PM +0900, J. Grant wrote:
>The idea was from a conversation I had with some co-workers, not
>entirely seriously but thank you for your reply setting the facts
>straight.

So, sending this email RMS was a joke, then?  Are you guys personal
friends who enjoy a good laugh?  Or did you just forge the header?

>Windows has been established as a reasonable generic word IMO, with the
>Lindows case this was hinted at reciently.

You're aware of what the term "arguably" means, right?

cgf

>Even if that was not the case, we can't use the word "Windows" in this
>connotation since there are, arguably, trademark issues with doing
>that.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/