Subject: Re: Using cygwin from win32 (MS VC) app
From: Jesper Eskilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 15 Apr 2002 11:42:50 +0200

"Kristopher Buschelman" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Then, from the MS-VisualStudio c language code, I make DYNAMIC calls to the
> wrapper routine via GetProcAddress....  It works fine, but making the
> wrapper is a bit less than desirable, not because of the dynamic call --
> which I want anyway.
> 
> When I try to make the dynamic call directly to cygwin1.dll (cygwin
> 1.3.10-1), I get a memory access violation -- memory could not be read.

I tried doing the same, but never managed to figure out how to initialize
the DLL in the right fashion.

I resorted to parsing the output from popen("cygpath -w ..."). Not as
elegant, but much simpler.

> My question is, is there something "obvious" I have missed?  Why can I not
> do this directly on cygwin1.dll?  What happens behind the scenes to make the
> wrapper approach work, while the direct dynamic call fails?  Will there be a
> cygwinapi.dll (pick your favorite name) which can be linked to dynamically
> without additional setup like my wrapper dll?

Probably not unless someone wants it bad enough to write it. I don't.

-- 
/Jesper

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/