Subject: Re[2]: Error compiling cygwin-snapshot-20020409-1
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:51:09 +0200

Hello Christopher,

Thursday, April 11, 2002, 4:37:27 PM, you wrote:

CF> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 10:10:28AM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>>Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 11:44:44 PM, you wrote:
>>> In file included from cygheap.cc:17:
>>SH> fhandler.h: In method `select_stuff::select_stuff()':
>>SH> fhandler.h:1089: implicit declaration of function `int memset(...)'
>>SH> make: *** [cygheap.o] Error 1
>>
>>Obviously, this source file calls memset without including the
>>approapriate header file (string.h).

CF> Not so obvious at all.  How do you suppose I could generate a snapshot
CF> if that was true?

I say this because of the gcc error message.

>>I don't have the latest CVS sources to verify this - what I've stated
>>above is just and assumption based on the gcc error message.

CF> If you can't check the source, why are you responding?

Because I'm mean...

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/