Subject: Re[2]: Frequent crashes in 2.194.2.22 setup.exe
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:58:34 +0200

Hello Eric,

Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 4:41:49 PM, you wrote:

EH>     I know this behaviour... And a report for the same bug was posted
EH>     some messages before yours "Cygwin 1.3.10 Setup.exe 2.194.2.22
EH>     Install Problems With MSVCRT.DLL and ..."

EH> I saw that, but that post describes behavior that is somewhat
EH> different, since in my case it crashes before it shows the package
EH> selection list.

EH>     21. Comes up with dialog box asking if I want the desktop icon
EH>         and/or Startup group in Start Menu.  i check both, and I hit
EH>         Finish.

EH> Nope, I don't get that far.

EH> Is there anything else I can do to help?

Are you sure that you're using 2.194.2.22 ? The bug you describe was
fixed some time ago... See this thread started on Mar 21:

Setup.Exe causes Application Error at 0x78001750
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-03/msg01135.html

Does this seem to be what your are currently experiencing ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/