Subject: Re: v1.3.10 - must run bash twice to read .bashrc
From: Thor Anders Aarhaug <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Apr 2002 02:10:54 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Richard Brust <[email-masked]> writes:

| BTW, the $HOME is /home/Administrator, not /home/myloginname, which
| does not seem to be an issue, as this is the way is was on other
| machines.  Additionally, when I do run the "bash" command the second
| time, the $HOME is still the same.

although no expert on this, I experienced this when logged onto a
domain.  when adding a local account with the same login name, it
somehow works.  use "mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd" to 'activate' the new
account.

not sure why, but it certainly saved me from the 'login <user>' every
time :-)

TA

-- 
Thor Anders Aarhaug
"October 13. 1307 was on a Friday."

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/