Subject: Re: Need your help on after chaning the domain
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:51:03 -0800
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Chan, Eddie wrote:

>I login as same user with the different domain... I assume it is different user...
>
It's a different area in the registry for sure!

>The strange thing is that I don't see the correct mount I used to see...
>
>This is the correct mount I see in my machine
>
>[CHANEDDIEPC;] mount
>C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
>C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
>C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
>c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
>d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
>f: on /cygdrive/f type user (textmode,noumount)
>
>But the machine that I login on to with different domain user only has this
>
>[CHANEDDIEPC;] mount
>c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
>d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
>
>How that happen?
>
The mount table is stored in the registry. System mounts should be 
stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2. 
Additionally mounts listed as noumount are drives that are mapped by 
Windows. So then your C drive is not umountable. Nor is your D drive. 
Strangely your original mount table shows an F drive and now you don't 
have an F drive. Methinks you may have changed more in your system than 
merely join a domain. Perhaps your old F drive was a drive you mapped by 
hand?

So for your system mounts you should have entries in the local machine 
area of your registry for /, /usr/bin and /usr/lib. Under those entries 
there are 3 values each: A string value named "(Default)", type REG_SZ 
with the value not set, another string value named "native", type REG_SZ 
with the Windows path to the mount point (e.g. C:/Cygwin for "/") and a 
binary value named "flags", type REG_DWORD usually set to 0x0a.

Non system mount points are stored in the 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts 2v area in a 
similar fashion. Therefore user mount are user specific (i.e. you'll 
only see them if you log in - if another user logs into your system then 
they won't see them).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/