Subject: Re: ncftp current release won't run - missing CYGREADLINE5.DLL
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:02:39 +0200

"Robert Collins" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I found it much easier last night to just wipe out the old 
>> cygwin install, and local download storage (where you ran 
>> setup from) completely and doing a full install.
>
> That is about the hardest way around. A much easier way is simply to
> change the little arrow beside "all" until the action is "reinstall",
> and watch setup reinstall everything inplace, preserving all your
> settings.

Just chiming in with a stupid thought.  There are times when just `for
sureness sake' you want to remove everything, except for /home and
probably /etc.  Wouldn't it be nice if setup provided an easy way to
do that, eg, by offering an optional second mount point
(c:/cygwin-keep) to mount /home and /etc?

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/