Subject: Re: mcrypt commnad
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: "Gupta, Sanjay" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Apr 2002 23:51:20 +0200

No idea about why you are missing cputs and cgets, easy way is to use
something other to print and input a string.. 

Meanwhile, just a quick thought, if I remember right you said
something like "I can't use cygwin crypt(), because it is not
unix-compatible", well how many crypt()'s out there on Solaris, Linux,
HP, digital alpha are compatible?? 

Or is it me being on the wrong line?? Using mcrypt on the unix-machine
and cygwin probably does the same thing.. 

BTW Saw a note on the mcrypt-dev on compiling mcrypt with cygwin, they
referred to use and link against mingw.. 

        http://lists.hellug.gr/pipermail/mcrypt-dev/2001/000087.html

        /Andy

[...]
| getpass.o: In function `mcrypt_getpass':
| /usr/src/mcrypt-2.5.10/src/getpass.c:48: undefined reference to `_cputs'
| /usr/src/mcrypt-2.5.10/src/getpass.c:49: undefined reference to `_cgets'
[...]

-- 
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/