Subject: Re: trouble using scanf on double arguments under Windows2000
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:31:50 -0500

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 04:58:32AM -0800, James Merritt wrote:
>I like Cygwin and will continue to support it and would like to
>continue playing with it and writing programs under Cygwin.  I do not
>want to blame gcc or Cygwin because I like them, but I want to know
>what is causing this behavior as well and is there a workaround.

In a free software project, you shouldn't have to think in terms of
"workarounds".  Instead think "How do I fix the problem".

The sources for scanf are available.  They're in
newlib/libc/stdio/scanf.c .

If you think there is a problem, then the best way to address it is to
investigate patching it and sending the patch to
[email-masked].

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/