Subject: Should suggests to downgrade? [WAS: Lillypond for Cygwin]
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:10:24 +0200

"David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]> writes:

[cc:[email-masked]]
>     Hi, Jan.  I hope you won't mind an off-list question.

For this time I won't mind, but a question to [email-masked]
would have been better (maybe others found this problem too).

> I downloaded Tetex with Lillypad about a month ago and got 20001218-4.
> When I go to Cygwin,  SETUP keeps offering to install 20001218-1 ( -3
> if I pick 'Test').
> So, which is right?  --

Latest is always best, but -3 should also work.  We should move -3 out
of test and into the curr.  Same goes for tetex-beta, I think.

By the way, are you using the latest setup.exe from Cygwin?  Setup.exe
should never suggest to downgrade, I think.  Hmm, now I'm thinking
about cc'ing the cygwin list, you wouldn't mind, I hope?

Greetings,
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/