Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Setup.exe update
From: Kurt Roeckx <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: Hotmail <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:54:58 +0100

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:44:16PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Hotmail [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> > Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 5:41 PM
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Setup.exe update
> > Importance: High
> > 
> > 
> > I tried the new SETUP.EXE. The problem is it doesn't 
> > recognize my previous installation or rather my previous 
> > downloads! Instead it creates another folder named according 
> > to the server it connected and download the packages into it. 
> > Anyone can help me with this?
> 
> Benny, it will recognise and use your existing installation and download
> cache. What it won't do is add to it.

I downloaded the new setup today too.  I first download things.
I basicly want to have a local mirror so I can install things
from there on several boxes.  I stopped downloading because I
didn't like that directory.  Maybe I should mirror it an other
way?

If I download it like this, and then install it from that dir,
will it use the newest packages?

What happens if I download from an other site?  Will it make yet
an other directory?  Will it then still pick the latest version?

I canceled the download and started over, and it downloaded all
the same files again, so I assume it won't do what I want at all.

Any suggestions?

I also find an other small problem.  Sometimes it seems to be
unable to get the setup.ini from mirror, sometimes it does.  It
complains rather fast, I don't think it even made a connection to
it.

Kurt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/