Subject: Re: stacktrace from withn an exec upon error condition
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Hitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:57:18 -0500

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 06:46:52PM -0800, Richard Hitt wrote:
>Is it unreasonable to find appalling the suggestion to use an
>undocumented function?

Are you volunteering to write documentation?

That would be great! We really need someone to work on documentation! It
seems that people frequently complain about things like this but we have
few selfless individuals, like yourself, who are willing to actually
*do* something about it.

If you search the email archives, you should be able to find lots of
discussion on what is required to get started with documentation.

Please send your documentation patches here.  If it would help, I could
also set you up with CVS access so that you can check your changes in
directly.

cgf

>Richard
>
>On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:17:51 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 08:44:27AM -0800, Hans Horn wrote:
>>>where does cygwin_stackdump() live?  I searched through the entire
>>>cygwin inst tree, but couldn't find any header where it is defined.
>>>
>>>If it is a function I just invoke, where does it write the trace dump
>>>to?  stdout?  stderr?
>>
>>I suggest that you write a simple test file and run it.  That would
>>probably answer all of your questions.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/