Subject: ntsec, ssh and cygwin
From: Daniel Holtkamp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:42:52 +0100

Hello everyone,

   I´m using cygwin for some time now but today i ran into a problem.
   I´ve got a user-request that they want to be able to scp files to a
   host without entering their password everytime. No problem i
   thought, deploy the public-key on the server and that should do it,
   but it won´t work.

   I´ve read some manual stuff and came to the conclusion that i
   should use the ntsec variable. I do this because i think the
   problem lies with the file-permissions on the ~/.ssh/id_rsa file
   (group and world readable). Well, no problem, set the variable,
   fire up cygwin and what happens ? Everything is messed up, can´t
   even write to my home-directory anymore. I think it´s because i´m a
   domain-user and not the local computer user. I reinstalled Cygwin
   several times and always ran into the same problem. (Domain user is
   not included in /etc/passwd ... only the local ones).

   So, what to do now ? I´ve kinda run into a dead end for me :-)

--
Daniel Holtkamp                         Riege Software International GmbH
System Administration                                        Mollsfeld 10
                                                 40670 Meerbusch, Germany
Email: [email-masked]                         Phone: +49-2159-9148-41
                                                  Fax:   +49-2159-9148-11
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/