Subject: Missing libm.a in mingw-runtime-1.2-1.tar.gz
From: Olivier Michel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:01:31 +0100

Hello,

It seems that /usr/lib/mingw/libm.a is missing from the
mingw-runtime-1.2-1.tar.gz package.
This make compiling with -mno-cygwin and -lm use the cygwin
/usr/lib/libm.a and hence yields to a cygwin1.dll dependency in the
resulting executable which not what we want with -mno-cygwin...

The original mingw-runtime-1.2.tar.gz from mingw sourceforge download
page contains this libm.a (and it works fine to copy that file into the
/usr/lib/mingw/ directory of cygwin).

So, I wonder, is it just missing or it there any reason why it is not
included in the cygwin mingw-runtime-1.2-1.tar.gz package ?

-Olivier

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/