Subject: Space in username error; stomped newbie
From: "Rincewind" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:28:29 +0100

Hi!

I'm sorry for wasting bandwith with a stupid question, but seraching the
archives and looking through the FAQ haven't helped me.
My login name in Win XP have a space in it wich is no good so I want to
force CygWin to use another account that doesn't ahve that problem.
I know I'm supposed to edit /etc/profile, but I'm not sure what to change.
I've revomed the ID check and set it to "Steiner" instead (The account I
want to use). In bash later I can echo $USER and get Steiner, BUT... path is
still set incorrectly and if I do whoami I also get the wrong user.
What exactly do I need to do to use the correct account by default so that
path etc is set correctly?

Best Wishes/TIA
Thomas

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/