Subject: Re: no exec files from gcc and c++
From: John Marshall <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:13:36 +0100

Jean-Marc Nuzillard wrote:
> g++ -c hello.cpp
> ---------> g++ not found, took some time to think to try c++

I think at least this part of your problems is due to another bug in
setup.exe 2.194.2.15.  (I've looked briefly for relevant discussion here
and on cygwin-apps and seen none -- sorry if this is already known.)

According to http://www.cygwin.com/packages/, the gcc package contains

72192 2001-06-17 22:02:45 usr/bin/c++.exe
35328 2001-06-17 22:02:45 usr/bin/c++filt.exe
72704 2001-06-17 22:02:45 usr/bin/cpp.exe
    0 2001-06-17 22:02:45 usr/bin/g++.exe link to usr/bin/c++.exe

If you look in setup.log.full I suspect you'll see that extraction of
g++.exe failed.  I suspect current setup.exe is not dealing with links
in tarball packages correctly.

One of my users alerted me to this problem in my prc-tools package
today.  Files listed as "link to [previous file in tarball]" were not
being extracted by setup.exe 2.194.2.15, and would be absent from the
resulting installation.  OTOH setup.exe 2.125.2.10 given the same
tarball extracted them correctly.

    John

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/