Subject: 1.3.10 gcc/g77 won't install, won't work
From: Ryu Myungsunn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:06:01 +0900

Recently I updated cygwin to 1.3.10 and got "installation incomplete
Check /setup.log.full" message. but no /setup.log.full was found.

Later I discovered that g77(v0.5.25) won't produce .exe files while
producing .o files.
This was the same with gcc(v2.95.3-5).
The same versions of gcc and g77 work nicely on solaris7-sparc
environment.

Still later found that when reinstalling cygwin package gcc always
appears on the update list as an item to be 'Skip'ped, and would show
"installation incomplete..." message when setup has finished.

I saw down the mailing list archive a posting that previous setup
program(v2.125.2.10) would install gcc properly when installing from
local hard disk, after downloading .bz2 files with current setup
program(v2.194.1.15).

But trying haphazrdly to reinstall gcc several times I have already
deleted the previous version of setup program.

I tried also to download the .bz2 file and "bzip2 -c -d ...bz2 | tar xvf
-" on the bash/cygwin environment. But the extracted gcc/g77 won't work
either.

--
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
   Ryu Myungsunn, Organic EL Group
                          +82-2-526-4498
                    LG Elite
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/