Subject: libuser32.a (-luser32) reported missing in link - was - Re: ld missing???
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:19:24 -0500

At 03:37 PM 3/21/2002, [email-masked] wrote:
>Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure the people on the list see this question
>many times a month.  I should have posted the stuff I found in the archive
>and what I had already done first.  I am tempted to just install ALL of
>Cygwin
>and try it again.

Actually, we've seen it a couple dozen times (or it seems like it) in the last
two days, which is why I directed you to the email archives.  It's a new (and
short-lived) problem.  A simple search of the last couple of days or even a 
deep wade through all those messages would have found you all the pertinent 
threads and brought you up to speed on the problem and the solution without 
that much pain.  But I'm glad to hear that you at least made the attempt at
finding the solution, though I'm not sure how you missed all the important 
threads.

Alright, I'll bite once more on this one.  Here's the work-around if you don't
want to install w32api again:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-03/msg01180.html

Here's the solution for all those that just want to run setup and have it
do the right thing.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-03/msg01223.html

Now that I've done everyone's homework for them, let's see how many people
still ask the list for this information...

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/