Subject: Re: NASM as a cygwin package?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:15:36 -0500

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 01:00:27PM +0100, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>BTW: regarding that cvs-ssh-win32-cygwin.tar.gz file, IANAL but
>regularly reading the cygwin mailing list I happen to have read that
>distributing binaries without sources technically violates the GPL, as
>the uses isn't gived the right to recreate it from sources

IANAL, either but if there is no way to get the sources for any
binaries in this tar file then this probably needs to be rectified
to conform to the GPL.  Pointing to the cygwin web site is not
adequate.  You need to provide the exact sources for the binaries
that are being distributed.

I haven't checked, so this is already the case, you can just
ignore me.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/