Subject: WinXP heap error with Cygwin and PDP++
From: "Roberto Olivares" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:30:04 -0600
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hello, I'm having the same heap error as mentioned in the email list
archives:

leabra++> c:\WINDOWS\gzip.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap
(0x1050000) in child, cygheap, Win32 error 487 File: ./chapter_6/fsa.proj.gz
could not be opened for reading or is empty

with Cygwin when using the PDP++ neural network package. The package worked
fine on my Win 2000 machine, but on my XP box it crashes. I see from some
discussion forums that this has been happening... what's the current opinion
on how to fix it? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank You,

Roberto Olivares
Intelligent Robotics Laboratory
Vanderbilt University

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/