Subject: weird... ssh from windows to other host only works when CYGWIN=""
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Mar 2002 19:09:21 -0800
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Windows XP, clean install of cygwin-1.3.10-1.  SSHD install went
great.  I can ssh from my linux box to the windows box no problem.
Once I've sshed from linux to windows, in the same shell I can ssh
over to another host no problem.  But, when I'm using the bash shell
on the Windows XP console, I can't ssh to any other host!

It seems to have something to do with the CYGWIN variable being set to
"ntsec tty":

[dave@xpgrave]~/:{193}:$ ssh alphonse -l root
Last login: Thu Mar 14 00:09:55 2002 from rave.localdomain
[root@alphonse /root]# exit
[dave@xpgrave]~/:{194}:$ CYGWIN="ntsec tty" ssh alphonse -l root
setgid 513: Invalid argument

What is the "ntsec tty" doing anyway?

Dave

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/