Subject: Looking for a mail server
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:14:43 -0800
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

I'm looking for a mail server a la sendmail. I've looked a little but apparently sendmail
has not been ported to Cygwin. Are there any other mail servers that run under Cygwin?

Specifically I'm looking for a sendmail like mail server that not only allows me to send
mail but also receive it. I would like the ability to receive all mail directed to a
domain to one mail box (e.g. <anything>@domain.com > <specific user>@domain.com). I would
like to be able to run procmail and imap too. I got a port of imapd running and I have
the port of procmail avaiable. I just need a sendmail port for Cygwin.

I have obtained a sendmail like application called Mercury Mail Server. It works OK but it
does not provide support for imap (it's mail store is not Unixlike) and it does not allow
for procmail (it does allow .forward files but does not allow pipes or commands to be in
the .forward file). It has some pretty impressive stuff like majordomo like list
subscriptions, filtering and the ability to do many things when a rule is triggered including
running a program. The problem is that it does not pipe the message to that program nor allow
that program to dictate whether or not the message should be ultimately delivered like
procmail does.

Any ideas?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/