Subject: Re: No libintl* package on mirrors
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:42:31 -0500

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:22:35PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>On 2002-03-09, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>There is neither a libintl* directory nor a libintl* package in the
>>entire cygwin/latest tree.  So, in which package do I find the missing
>>files?
>
>/contrib -- argh! :-)
>
>That directory sounded as if it was optional.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your dilemma.

I told you how to install what you needed.  There is no need whatsoever
to go rooting around in the cygwin directory structure.  That's why we
have setup.exe.  That's why I provided specific instructions on how
to get what you need.

If you actually have some inexplicable need to download the files
manually, you should have mentioned that.  I wouldn't have bothered
responding.

If you don't have a need to download files, you're making things much
harder for yourself than you need to.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/