Subject: RE: Telneting/ftping to cygwin
From: "Rafael Botejara Cepeda" <[email-masked]>
To: "'CYGWIN'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:28:22 +0100

Hello:

I sent a mail on Feb, 26th: 
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-02/msg01390.html

I had no answers!

I have the same problem in NT4.0 SP5 and W2K SP2
using cygwin.dll 1.3.9 and 1.3.10

Trying with cygwin 1.3.3 and 1.3.6 it works

I think it isn't depend on inetd, but cygwin.dll

Rafa.

-----Mensaje original-----
De:	Louis Bohm [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Enviado el:	jueves, 07 de marzo de 2002 14:23
Para:	[email-masked]
Asunto:	Telneting/ftping to cygwin

I just did a compleat reinstall of cygwin from scratch on my win2k 
machine.  Before I had it setup to allow me to telnet and ftp to my machine 
using cygwin.  Now I am unable to.

I have run inetd.exe --install-as-service and I have the cygwin variable 
setup as tty title glob ntea binmode.  When I telnet in I get:
         [lbohm@YODA:/usr/doc/Cygwin] > telnet yoda
         Trying 192.233.225.228...
         Connected to yoda.
         Escape character is '^]'.
         Connection closed by foreign host.
Where yoda is the name of my win2k host.  The above tells me that 
in.telnetd is running but that something else is stopping it.  I do not see 
a hosts.allow or a hosts.deny anywhere.

What am I missing to get this working??

Thanks,

Louis

--
$$o?`?o$o,,,,o$o?`?o$oo$o?`?o$o,,,,o$o?`?o$oo$o?`?o$
$?`?Lightbridge, Inc
$?`?67 South Bedford St.
$?`?Burlington MA 01832
$?`?781.359.4795 mailto:[email-masked]
$?`?http://www.lightbridge.com
$$o?`?o$o,,,,o$o?`?o$oo$o?`?o$o,,,,o$o?`?o$oo$o?`?o$

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of SchlumbergerSema. 
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/