Subject: Re: Failed: Installing Postgresql under Cygwin on win98se
From: Tom Lauren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 03:27:52 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

What a mess... no, everything seems to be installed fine.

I have ash (20020131-1) and bash (2.05a-2)

Now I tried to "initdb" postgres manually, and this is what it told me (in
debug-level 5):

$ postgres -F -D /usr/share/postgresql/data/template1 -O -d 5 template1
FindExec: searching PATH ...
ValidateBinary: "/bin/postgres" is not a regular file
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/usr/local/bin/postgres"
ValidateBinary: "/usr/bin/postgres" is not a regular file
ValidateBinary: "/bin/postgres" is not a regular file
ValidateBinary: "/usr/bin/postgres" is not a regular file
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/cygdrive/d/TEMP/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/cygdrive/d/WINDOWS/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "/cygdrive/d/WINDOWS/COMMAND/postgres"
ValidateBinary: can't stat "//postgres"
FindExec: could not find a postgres to execute...
FATAL 1:  postgres: could not locate executable, bailing out...
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)
[2]+  Done                    ipc-daemon

But, the file IS there, ok it´s an .exe, but I think this should work
anyway...

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/