Subject: Re: Failed: Installing Postgresql under Cygwin on win98se
From: Tom Lauren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:38:48 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi Jason,

> > Hm, I´m seriously wondering if *anybody* did manage it to run under W98...
>
> Yes, many -- including myself.

Now THAT´s good news! *phew*
Ok I didn´t doubt it could, just asked myself if anyone still uses this OS (Old
System) and hence care for....

> I'm sorry but your Cygwin installation seems broken.  I would fix that
> before trying PostgreSQL again.

Hm, well this would be no problem - if I _knew_ what is wrong?
And, I wouldn´t suspect something´s broken as I *just* installed cygwin from the
internet (means updated - I hope update is ok, downloading everything twice
would be no fun with isdn...)
Well I could try it again but I´m - however - convinced that would be the same
again, I didn´t change anything except putting the cygwin path in the PATH
variable....
It´s just strange that the scripts don´t work, as if the environment
"disappears" or whatever  when starting a script....

But, eitherway, could you tell me if Postgresql will work on 98 (for me it´s a
test/db-design period, no production use...) or if it´s not recommended since
I´ve read that NT, W2K & XP are the only _supported_ platforms, and W98 isn´t
but it may work.......?

Thanks for help!

Tom

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/