Subject: RE: Help to link a prog static with libcurl, libssl and libcrypto.
From: "Roth, Kevin P." <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Alexander Lazic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:49:01 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 7:33 PM
> 
> The CURL you're linking against is apparently expecting at 
> least some POSIX APIs.  You won't be able to get this to link
> without some porting. Perhaps CURL builds as a WIN32 version 

Yes, CURL builds as pure win32, using (surprise) mingw. I don't
know any details on setting this up, but you can probably find
some info at http://curl.haxx.se/, or try the curl mailing list
([email-masked]). The porting to remove reliance on POSIX APIs
has (to my knowledge) already been done; however, since Cygwin
supports POSIX, and since the win32 version of curl.exe doesn't
really care for posix path spec (e.g. have to translate /usr/...
to/from C:\cygwin\usr\... style when using win32 version of curl),
the cygwin version of curl (including all libraries) expects to
find cygwin1.dll...

> too in which case you may be able to switch over to that without 
> too much pain.  Alternatively, you can try building this without 
> the '-mno-cygwin' flag, although you'll link in cygwin1.dll for 
> sure then.  

Correct. This works fine for me. Statically or dynamically.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/