Subject: Re: fetchmail 5.9.8 and maildrop 1.3.7
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Rui Carmo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 11:03:32 -0500

Rui,

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 12:45:12AM +0000, Rui Carmo wrote:
> Just to report that fetchmail 5.9.8 compiles cleanly on cygwin,

If you run under Win2K (and possibly WinXP), you may want to see the
following to save yourself some grief:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-08/msg00628.html

However, so far no one else seems to have noticed this problem.

> I've also been fiddling with maildrop-1.3.7 ...
> 
> However, mutt then complains that /var/spool/mail/user is not a valid
> mbox file, since somewhere along the line, an extra blank line is inserted
> at the beginning of the mailbox upon creation. Editing it out by hand
> solves the problem, but is a rather lame fix.

If you are having problems with maildrop, then I suggest trying procmail.
I have been using the fetchmail/procmail/mutt combination very successfully
under Cygwin for some time now.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/