Subject: Re: CVS Problems: Updated: gdbm-1.8.0-4
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Schaible, Jörg <[email-masked]>, cygwin-list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:12:28 -0500

Chuck,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:18:35PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Well, the current cygwin port of CVS seems to store all 'normal' files 
> in the repository in LF/CR mode.  On checkout (from a local repository) 
> all 'normal' files are created in LF/CR mode.  This is *regardless* of 
> whether the local working directory is on a binmount or textmount.  (Of 
> course, the repository is on a binmount; see (a) above).

Is the above really true?  I have empirical evidence to the contrary.
I just tried a local repository cvs init, import, and checkout with all
mounts in bin mode.  All files in the repository and working directories
end up in LF mode.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/