Subject: "local install"?
From: Toni Mueller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:13:18 +0100

Hello,

after reading the docs on the web site and searching the list archive
on MARC a bit, there appears to be no "supported" way to install while
being offline. Eg. I will soon have a W2k box that I want to install on,
but certainly won't connect this box to the Internet to do it.

So my current guess is that I can download some stuff using eg. my Linux
workstation, put them on CD and then move the CD to the W2k box for
local installation there. Can anyone please confirm that? Can anyone
please tell me which version of setup.exe I should get to be able to
install from a local directory?

(Apart from that I always thought that doing online-installs is both
error-prone and insecure in most cases, and in general, a M$ disease -
why does RedHat do it?)

TIA!

Best,
--Toni++

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/