Subject: Re: Updated: postgresql-7.2-2
From: "Fergus Daly" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:16:46 -0000

On his announcement of the updated postgresql-7.2.2, Jason Tishler wrote :

>>  WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
>>  Note that this distribution will *not* function correctly with Cygwin
>>  1.3.9-1.  If you want to use this distribution, then you *must* upgrade
>>  your Cygwin DLL to a recent snapshot (i.e., 2002-Feb-10 or later)
>>  or to the next release after 1.3.9-1 (when available).
>>  WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Now that the Cygwin DLL has advanced from 1.3.9-1 to 1.3.10-1 does this mean
it's OK to reinstate postgresql-7.2.2? If it is, do we do it ourselves by an
explicit
intervention using setup.ini, or will setup.ini "see to it" for us (at some
stage).

This is not a nag (as in "1.3.9 -> 1.3.10 happened just now, so what's
happening  about postgresql, then?"), or it's not meant to be anyway : I ask
because although I think I know how to manage this for myself, I really
don't know whether I should.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/