Subject: RE: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
From: Ross Smith <[email-masked]>
To: "'Dan Kyhl'" <[email-masked]>, Danny Smith <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:06:00 +1300

> From: Dan Kyhl [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> yes maybe.
> I installed and compiled gcc 3.03, but I get this error both 
> with 2.95.3
> and 3.03.
> Maybe my different paths are not setup up correctly!

I got the same error after installing gcc 303. It turned out
that the static libstdc++ was still being searched for in
/usr/lib first, so it was picking up the old one from gcc 295.
I fixed it by setting the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to
/usr/local/lib, so it would search there first and find gcc
303's libstdc++ first.

I don't know why it does this; gcc should search the library
directory appropriate to its install prefix (/usr/local by
default) first, but it doesn't seem to do that on Cygwin. I
have the same setup on my Linux box (gcc 295 in /usr, 303 in
/usr/local) and everything works fine there. (I originally
thought it was because Linux uses a dynamic libstdc++, but
some testing showed that it still worked with static
libraries, so I don't know what's going on with Cygwin.)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/