Subject: Re: clisp as a shell
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: Guy Worthington <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Feb 2002 10:26:47 +0100

| > Hmm there is one tool somewhere that traces the system calls, maybe
| > can be used to see which files it can't access.. 
| 
| I scanned the mailing list using the keywords "Permission denied", but
| couldn't find anything pertinent in the first 20+ hits.  Could I have 
| a pointer to the name of the tool?

I meant strace.

| As something that is probably irrelevant, while pottering around in
| bash, I typed the following commands:
[...]

Hmm could it be a different path, environment variables or similar? I
mean clisp trying to start something, and well it finds one when it
runs in bash, and another from cmd.. Something missing from the path
in bash?

If clisp has a startup-file or similar, remove it, and add stuff one
line a time and see if it is that.. 

clisp was compiled with cygwin?

Throw a cygcheck on it :-) 

        /Andy

-- 
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/