Subject: Re: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?
From: [email-masked] (Peter J. Acklam)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:28:46 +0100

"Chris January" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Peter J. Acklam wrote:
>
> > [...] on Cygwin I get
> >
> >     /usr/bin/env: perl -w: No such file or directory
> >
> > why does Cygwin look for the file "perl -w".  No UNIX I have
> > worked on would parse the shebang line that way.
>
> Linux parses things this way too. I don't know what "UNIX"'s
> this works on.  (Sun, HP?)

I have worked with many UNIXes, but now that I think about it, I
have probably only used the line "#!/usr/bin/env perl -w" on
Solaris.  However, it works on solaris 2.3, 2.5, 7, and 8.

Peter

-- 
People say I'm indifferent, but I don't care.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/