Subject: Re: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?
From: [email-masked] (Peter J. Acklam)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:35:16 +0100

Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If it works the same way on linux and on cygwin, then there is
> nothing to fix.

Ok.  But where is this documented?

I expected "#!/usr/bin/env perl -w" to work because I thought the
line would be interpreted as on the command line (shell) and as is
documented in the manual page for env.  Since the behaviour is
different when the line is in the shebang line, it has to be
documented somewhere.

Peter

-- 
People say I'm indifferent, but I don't care.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/