Subject: Re: cygreadline5.dll redux
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:36:05 -0500

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 11:24:51AM -0600, James Garrison wrote:
>This file appears to be missing.
>
>Before someone jumps on my case and says "Search the archives"
>I'd like to point out that
>
>a) The archives are highly polluted with messages containing
>   cygcheck output that lists cygreadline5.dll.  A search for
>   just "cygreadline5.dll" returns hundreds of hits most of which
>   have nothing to do with the problem.
>
>b) The archive search engine is too stupid to understand
>   quoted strings meaning adjacency, so that searching for
>   'cygrealine5.dll "not found"' is equivalent to searching
>   for the individual words.  Since 'found' appears in cygcheck
>   output, this does not reduce the number of hits at all.
>
>Could someone please either answer the question as to why
>some packages still require this library even though it does
>not appear to be included in the distribution, and then
>add the answer to the FAQ?

Hmm.  A mailing list search of the stupid search engine with
"cygreadline5.dll not found" unearthed this within a few clicks:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-01/msg01619.html

If this doesn't answer the question, then I don't know what the
question is.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/