Subject: Re: "Best" way to build a DLL?
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gerald S. Williams" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:32:25 -0500

Chuck,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:52:47PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Wrong.  Those "warnings" are really just informational messages.  The 
> python library exports *variables* as well as functions.  Your DLL 
> probably only exports funtions.  DATA exports are very very tricky; 
> there is a lot of magic going on to enable Jason to buld python without 
> having to use a .def file or __declspec() declarations -- previously, 
> these were REQUIRED on exported variables.

Just to be clear, I'm building Cygwin Python the way that I always have
(at least since my shared extension patch was accepted).  I assume you
meant that I *could* build without __declspec() declarations if I desired.
Since the __declspec's are there for Win32, I might as well use them.

Now PostgreSQL on the other hand...

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/