Subject: gdb in xfree86: ^C
From: David <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Muller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:28:04 GMT

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply

Yes, I can run xclock for example from a WindowsNT cygwin bash
shell and hit cntl-c and break into it:

	gdb -nowindows xclock
	run
	cntl-c

However, strangely enough, when I hit cntl-c, while it does
break into the gdb session, it also kills my telnet session
which I happened to be runing at the same time in an xterm
on the xfree86 display but which had no relation to the
gdb sesson or the xclock. [But, that's ok]

I was happy to hear that your cntl-c is ignored when running 
gdb in an xterm. I think however that it is a symptom of the
same problem which is that gdb/xfree86 xterm is not handling
the cntl-c interrupt as I wish it would.

It has also been suggested that I try the latest stable
version of gdb because signal handling has been immproved
and I would like to do that as soon as I can.

David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/