Subject: RE: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?
From: "Gerald S. Williams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:15:44 -0500

If DG's assessment is correct:

> The problem looks to be that bash "helps out" the system
> by executing scripts beginning with #!.  In the source for
> bash, look in execute_cmd.c, line 3369.  Only one argument
> is allowed.  So e.g. #!/usr/bin/env perl -w becomes
> "/usr/bin/env" "perl -w"
> If I make a patch for this, should it go to the cygwin list?
> Should it just go to gnu.bash.bug and leave it at that?

Then it's a BASH issue. Some flavors of UNIX do this in the
kernel. If this is the case for CYGWIN, then it is a CYGWIN
issue as well. Either way, it sounds like DG has a pretty
good handle on this issue.

-O Gerald S. Williams, 22Y-103GA : mailto:[email-masked] O-
-O AGERE SYSTEMS, 555 UNION BLVD : office:610-712-8661  O-
-O ALLENTOWN, PA, USA 18109-3286 : mobile:908-672-7592  O-

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/