Subject: Re: Quick question, please help!
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 23:03:33 -0500

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 10:52:52PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 10:23:01PM -0500, Simara wrote:
>>I've read your posts about Interix, and I know you are not happy about
>>it, but here comes the ugly question again:
>>
>>How could I compile or use Xfree with Interix, I sure would use cygwin
>>but my boss really digs Interix because it is not emulated, and our
>>tests with most ported apps is really faster than using interix (way
>>fast), please help! or they will start coding the apps in visual
>>basic!!!! and our current linux boxes will have to be migrated to
>>windows...
>>
>>Thanks and sorry for the ugly question.
>
>I don't know what the question is.  Interix *is* faster than cygwin.
>Interix has some limitations, though.  If you read past discussions you
>probably know what they are.

Oh.  Sorry.  I didn't pay as much attention as I should have.  I thought
this was a normal vague clueless "question".  Instead, it was not just
clueless but *remarkably* pushy.

Chuck's response is correct of course.  I do disagree slightly with
Chuck's suggestion to move this to the xfree mailing list.

This is off-topic for any cygwin mailing list.  You're on your own.
Please don't bother the cygwin mailing lists with this type of question
again.

For the record, I'm not really happy or unhappy about Interix.
Discussions of how to get things working under Interix are just
off-topic.  I don't know anything about Interix beyond the high level
stuff.  And, again, discussing ways to get things working with Interix
is very obviously off-topic.

And, all of you who are now poised to send off a missive informing me of
various ways that mentioning Interix could conceivably be on-topic --
please don't bother.  I don't need educating on the subject.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/