Subject: Re: $HOME Directory Relocation
From: Benoit Rochefort <[email-masked]>
To: Benoit Rochefort <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Laurence F. Wood" <[email-masked]>, "Cygwin@Cygwin. Com" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:22:36 -0500 (EST)

Benoit Rochefort writes:
| Since no login occurs, place it in your batch file calling bash, or in
| /etc/profile like I do. Here is my /etc/profile that correct many such
| environment variable problems I found over the time

Please note that with my /etc/profile, I can easily "change" identity, this
as been practical for me at times (when sharing files on a mounted UNIX
file system through SAMBA; I had many distinct identities to test various
things without the need to reboot my win machine).

mount can easily mount different homes (even shared) which you can switch
to via many shortcuts to batch file setting USERNAME and/or HOME to your
various needs.

-- 
           *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤  Benoit Rochefort  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/