Subject: Re: Problems trying to build mc
From: Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 13:01:39 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Frank Schmitt <[email-masked]> writes:

>(I found this one on a mc mailinglist archive.) After that I tried to
>build mc. Configure did work, but make gave me the following errors:
>
>dir.o: In function `handle_dirent':
>/usr/src/mc-4.5.55/src/dir.c:427: undefined reference to `gettext'
>/usr/src/mc-4.5.55/src/dir.c:427: undefined reference to `gettext'
>dir.o: In function `sort_type_to_name':
>/usr/src/mc-4.5.55/src/dir.c:698: undefined reference to `gettext'
>
>After that there are some more errors of the same kind (undefined
>reference to 'gettext'.
>
>Any idea what I've got to do? On the mc homepage they say it should
>compile OOTB.

Got it: ./configure --with-ncurses --with-included-gettext, did the
trick.

-- 
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
19. Dezember 2001

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/