Subject: Why not a news server?
From: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:59:36 -0800

Why not simply set up a news server instead of this mail list. I find 
the mail list deficient in several areas. First and foremost it's noisy 
causing me to wade through all this email for topics I'm interested in. 
Secondly there's no easy or convenient way to response to individual 
issues (I get a digest of cygwin stuff emailed to me). Seems to me that 
nntp was designed specifically for such communications and a number of 
companies have set up news servers for such things.

Finally a number of times I receive a digest speaking of topics and 
articles but the email message is apparently truncated and the bodies of 
these articles are missing.

Comments? (I'm sure there will be some).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/