Subject: Re: security.cc: bug report, question and suggestion
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:34:17 +0100

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:07:36PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> I saw that, but my editor is not setup for your tab settings and for
> your C indent style. You probably wouldn't like it if I were to apply
> my style. Do you have a standard setup, e.g. for emacs?

It's using standard 8 char wide tabs.  I'm using vi with `set ts=8
set sw=2', that's all.  The tab setting should work with all
editors in default setting.  The formatting used is consistent with
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_toc.html.

> >Could you please resubmit your patch with these changes to the
> >cygwin-patches mailing list?  And would you mind to send a copyright
> >assignment form as described on http://cygwin.com/contrib.html?
> 
> The fix involves deleting 3 lines and 1 word. Rather than exchanging
> diff files that you will need to apply and review anyway, wouldn't 
> it faster for both of us if you were to apply the change directly 

What's the problem to create a good style patch, even if it consists
of only three or four lines?  Sigh.  I don't like to argument about
that stuff.  It's ok for now.

> (not to mention fiddling my editor style)? Similarly I thought that
> only "significant" changes needed a copyright form (I'll send one if
> Red Hat really needs it!).

I hoped to get an assignment from you so that we never have to ask
for that later.  Is it a problem for you to assign copyright?

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/