Subject: guile-1.6 [WAS: experimental texmf packages]
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:31:57 +0100

"Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Btw, how is your guile contribution coming along?
>
> The static build is ok, same quality as yours, only two minor patches.
> Dynamic seems to make problems at least with lilypond, also another guy
> was not able to rebuild it with my patch, I think we should include the
> static version and wait until 1.6 is released to provide a build with
> static and dynamic libraries.

As 1.6 seems to be imminent, I've tried to cross-compile it yesterday,
but it seems that there are problems configuring the ltdl subdir.

Here's what I tried, latest cvs:

  guile-1.5.4-1-build $ ../guile-1.5.4-1/configure --build=i686-gnu-linux \
    --host=i686-pc-cygwin --prefix=/usr --program-suffix= \
    --program-prefix=
  [..]
  configure: creating ./config.status
  config.status: creating Makefile
  configure: configuring in libltdl
  configure: running /bin/sh '../../guile-1.5.4-1/libltdl/configure'
  --build=i686-gnu-linux --host=i686-pc-cygwin --prefix=/usr
  --program-suffix= --program-prefix= build_alias=i686-gnu-linux
  host_alias=i686-pc-cygwin --enable-ltdl-install
  --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=../../guile-1.5.4-1/libltdl
  configure: warning: build_alias=i686-gnu-linux: invalid host type
  configure: warning: host_alias=i686-pc-cygwin: invalid host type
  configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at
  a time
  configure: error: /bin/sh '../../guile-1.5.4-1/libltdl/configure'
  failed for libltdl
  sed: can't read confdefs.h: No such file or directory

Do you have any insights on this, should I forward this to guile-devel?

Also, note:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-devel/2002-January/004456.html

Greetings,
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/